Interior Design work should be challenging, fulfilling, and fun. That’s why we take our time to get to know potential clients just as we do potential team members. Whether you’re hiring a design team, committing to a project, or sharing your talents with a firm, you’re making a major investment. The best fit gives the best results and a great experience along the way. Wanna join us?
2-5 years experience
We’re looking for a creative and hard working full-time Designer to join us in our Gastown studio. We pride ourselves on unique solutions to our Clients’ design dilemmas so thinking on your feet, anticipating the next step, and having a sense of humour are key. On the technical side, serious drafting skills, a clean presentation style, and attention to detail are a must. Our firm has been built on developing strong relationships with our clients and a sense of community with our contractors, consultants, and other designers, so you have to embrace that too.
Graduates of a CIDA-Accredited Interior Design Program looking to gain the experience required to write the NCIDQ Exam will be given special consideration.
In a nut shell: You’ll assist the Senior Designer in researching, developing, and implementing unique and tailored designs for our clients in both Commercial and Residential settings.
- Collaboration with Senior Designer
- Production of contract documents including drawings for construction and specifications
- Researching/sourcing products/fixtures/finishes, correspondence with vendors
- Collaboration and correspondence with other consultants, contractors, and Clients
- Verification & review of onsite conditions prior and during construction
- Presentation preparation & Client correspondence
- Drafting proficiency (Revit, AutoCAD or Vectorworks)
- Experience in creating drawings for permit application and construction
- Mad presentation skills (inDesign, rendering, powerpoint … make us look good!)
- Attention to detail & data organization (excel spread sheets, specification writing)
- Knowledge of BC Building Code (no one’s an expert but some knowledge helps)
- Creative/not afraid to share ideas (even when they’re kinda nuts)
- Positive & open minded
- Can roll with a solo task or collaborate with a group
- Contributes to the design community
- Interest in other facets of design (we’re crazy about local products, what’s your jam?)
We work hard, have a lot of heart, and laugh a lot. We work for great clients who appreciate our efforts and commitment to their projects, and possibly enjoy a glass of wine at a meeting. We push the design envelope just enough to avoid severe paper cuts. We’re growing and we would love to welcome a like-minded person looking to help grow a company and make a difference in the design community.
This is a full-time salary position, based on experience.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘[your first & last name]: ID for life!’.
- One image of any interior that you love or find inspiring (rummage those Pinterest dream boards!)
- A cover letter (include a mention of what you love about the image you’ve included)
- Link to your portfolio. We specifically want to see your drafting & overall presentation skills.
Submissions will be accepted until Friday, July 21st at 5:00pm
We look forward to hearing from you!