We’re looking for a creative and hard working full-time Designer to join us in our Gastown studio. Our firm has been built on developing strong relationships with our clients and a sense of community with our contractors, vendors, and consultants. We’re growing and we would love to welcome a like-minded person looking to help grow a company and make a difference in the design community.
Thinking on your feet, anticipating the next step, and having a sense of humour are key. On the technical side, serious drafting skills, a clean presentation style, and attention to detail are a must. Graduates of a CIDA-Accredited Interior Design Program looking to gain the experience required to write the NCIDQ Exam will be given special consideration.
- Production of contract documents including drawings for construction and specifications
- Researching/sourcing products/fixtures/finishes, correspondence with vendors
- Collaboration and correspondence with other consultants, contractors, and Clients
- Verification & review of onsite conditions prior and during construction
- Presentation preparation & Client correspondence
- Drafting ninja (Revit preferred)
- Experience in creating drawings for permit application and construction
- Mad presentation skills (inDesign, renderings, photoshop … make us look good!)
- Attention to detail & data organization (excel spread sheets, specification writing)
- Knowledge of BC Building Code (no one’s an expert but some knowledge helps)
- Creative/not afraid to share ideas (even when they’re kinda nuts)
- Positive & open minded
- Can roll with a solo task or collaborate with a group
- Contributes to the design community
- Interest in other facets of design (we’re crazy about local products, what’s your jam?)
This is a full-time salary position, based on experience.
Please send the following to email@example.com :
- One image of any interior that you love or find inspiring
- A cover letter (include a mention of what you love about the image you’ve included)
We look forward to hearing from you!