Interior Design work should be challenging, fulfilling, and fun. That’s why we take our time to get to know potential clients just as we do potential team members. Whether you’re hiring a design team, committing to a project, or sharing your talents with a firm, you’re making a major investment. The best fit gives the best results and a great experience along the way. Wanna join us?
4-5 years experience
We’re looking for a forward-thinking, hard working, Revit-savvy Building Technologist to join our team.
We pride ourselves on unique solutions to our Clients’ design dilemmas; so thinking on your feet, anticipating the next step, and having a sense of humour are key. On the technical side, serious drafting skills, a clean presentation style, and attention to detail are a must.
We’re looking for someone experienced in preparing full construction documents for commercial and residential projects as well as knowledge of the BC Building Code and Vancouver Building Bylaw. You’ll be responsible for taking the design team’s concepts and models and creating flushed-out drawing sets for Building Permit, Tender, and construction.
- Drafting and lots of it
- Collaborating with design team on design development and detailing
- Drawing sets for BP, IFT, and IFC
- Schedules and specifications
- Millwork drawings and details
- Coordination with architectural, mechanical, and electrical consultants
- 3D modeling and rendering
- Drafting proficiency in Revit (Vectorworks also considered)
- Experience in creating drawings for permit application and construction
- Tight presentation skills and clean drawing sets
- Attention to detail & data organization
- Knowledge of BC Building Code and VBBL
- Creative/not afraid to share ideas
- Positive & open minded
- Can roll with a solo task or collaborate with a group
We work hard, have a lot of heart, and laugh a lot. We work for great clients who appreciate our efforts and commitment to their projects, and possibly enjoy a glass of wine at a meeting. We push the design envelope just enough to avoid severe paper cuts. We’re growing and we would love to welcome a like-minded person looking to help grow a team and make a difference in the design community.
This is an hourly position with compensation based on experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com along with a sample construction drawing set. Please use ‘Technologist seeks career love’ in the subject line.